Tyler took swim lessons this summer. We stared in a parent/child class where I swam with him. He was doing so well that they asked to move him into the next level where I wouldn't swim with him and he would be with a teacher and one other student. He was a bit apprehensive the first day without Mommy but after that started to do really well. We just finished our last class today and he is now able to swim a few feet to the wall or steps all by himself. He isn't afraid of "getting his eyes wet" as Mr. Chad the teacher calls it to make it less scary and has even made some progress floating on his back. He loves to blow bubbles in the pool and kicks his legs like a champ. Do I sound like a proud Mama or what??? We plan to continue to swim with him as much as we can until it gets cold to hopefully keep up what he learned so when we go back next summer we won't have to start over. I took a few pictures and there is a really short (6 sec) video of one of his swims to the steps.





No comments:
Post a Comment